The principle of the invention is to separate the chosen mixture (for instance water/ethanol) into its basic constituent by flowing it through a membrane semi- permeable to alcohols or alkanes. In the case of water/ethanol, only ethanol is able to flow through the membrane.
The process should operate at a moderate energetical cost.
Competitive advantage of the technology and state of the industrial property:
Different techniques exist for water/ethanol separation. But on the contrary to what exists, the process does not require a high energy input through heating, or the addition of supplementary chemicals.
- Moderate energetical cost;
- Relative easiness of setting up a scaled-up apparatus;
- Requirement of lower pressure compared to reverse osmosis when pure fluids are desired.
This invention is patented worldwide through a PCT application.
Implementation of an exclusive licensing agreement.
To know more:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents available on request:
- Non-confidential Presentation
- Publication related to the patent, published in The Journal of Chemical Physics
- Additional information about the project available after the signature of a non-disclosure agreement.